Monday, January 26, 2004

Housekeeping

Well, running a blog is a time consuming business. Currently, our LMS is fubarred, so I've got time to shake things out a little. Firstly, let me say, I think at most this will only ever be a weekly blog - perhaps there is a space in the blogger ecosphere for weeklies - as Billmon might sugest as well as Norm.

Speaking of Norm, he replied. I've already said I won't come back on him - my dead of e-dog-fighting are over, I have learnt to resist. His reply is suggestive, though, and I may come back to some of the themes he raises. I'll also keep an eye out for his second installment. As I said to him, I found his reply surprising, I didn't expect his emphasis to vary so wildly from what I felt was a killer point. You decide, but for me, it illustrates the simple joy and complexity of human communication, the radical uncertainty of meaning that makes discourse such a useful use of time, as to make me want to keep up by blog, in whatever shoddy way I can manage.

Next, I will post that much promised discussion on the similarities between the Iraq war and the American civil war. I'm sure you've all been drooling with anticipation.

I'll let you know when I've worked it out, when I might well do my regular blogging, possibly weekends, as Norm suggests, its the quiet time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home