Monday, September 06, 2004

Commentary

Given that Harry is restricting comments, I'll just post-up the e-mail I sent him in response to Here.

Dear Harry,

as you say, thousands were trained in those camps. But, likewise, there were thousands trained in the School of The Americas, or even at Sandhurst, running around, out of control and capable of the most terrible crimes. They form a network too, in as much as the Thatcher case shows they move in similar circles, that doesn't make them a tangible entity, more a phenomenon. A phenomenon, moreover, that is linked to the Jihadist network, in as much as Osama et al. are blowback from the CIA training programme themselves.

Now, I want to be clear, I'm not blaming the west or Amerikky or Gross Britainia, but, rather, illustrating that there is a bigger observation to be drawn from your post.

Cheers,

Bill M.


I should add, that there is a 'murky world' of military and paramilitary types, for whom human life is cheap.

My musings on Beslan later, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home