Sunday, July 10, 2005

Incredible

Eagle eyed readers may note that I link to Kenyan Broadcasting News - basically as part of my effort to monitor different English speaking national news services. Basically.

Now, you might understand my sheer disbelief when listening to Radio Four this morning, when they do their regular newspapers from around the world slot, that there was an immense massacre in Kenya this week.

I quote:
The government has dispatched a high powered delegation to Marsabit to assess the security situation at the ground.
[...]
The team will investigate whether area politicians masterminded the massacre that left over 70 people dead.
Now, the BBC does cover it - but not in anywhere neer the saame way in which the London bomb got splashed over the worlds new headlines.

Worthy and unworthy victims? I don't know. Worth a mention either way.

070.1:327.2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home