Friday, December 08, 2006

Voting in Kentish Tahn.




Siân Rebecca BerryGreen812
Samuel Eric McBratneyLabour808
Richard James MerrinConservative198
Ralph ScottLiberal Democrat1093

Well, there we go then, fun over - all the Lib-Dem treasure thrown into taking the seat seems to have paid off. I got at least four mailshots from the Liberals - maybe they just targetted known voters (they were personally addressed to me).

That's not a bad turnout for a by-election - and it doesn't really change the balance on the council. What it does do is indicate how badly stuffed Labour are, coming third in what used to be their turf.

A creditable show for the Greens - Darren asks whether I was tempted by Siân - however I oppose the Greens and their outlook generally, which reifies Nature and essentially seeks a form of hyper scarcity economics, so I didn't realy even consider them.

This is the end of my firstadventure in political independence, and I'm not sure if it's clarifed anything. Make me miserable living under the Lib-Dem jack-boot, though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Bill wrote:
"I oppose the Greens and their outlook generally, which reifies Nature and essentially seeks a form of hyper scarcity economics . . ."

And I hope you said that to their canvasser on the doorstep. ;-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Matthew Culbert said...

It's a capitalist jackboot either way.We managed to get a Standard into the hands of the GreatGreenLeader on Thurday night up here in Scotchland.I think you did vote for yourself ultimately.It is a psychological trauma when we meet interesting sincere individuals and would like to see them shake things up,but they just get absorbed by the machine.I like Olman's slant on what we need to do.
http://www.pipeline.com/~rougeforum/towardclassconsciousness.htm
All the best down there.
MC

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home