Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Defeat is fine

Well, asides from being mugginsed into beign the minuites secretary, and still being half the age of the other members present I suffered my first political defeat at a co-op branch meeting this week.

For some reason, I didn't think it right that co-operators should affiliate to the Cuba solidarity campaign - dunno, I just think that the authoritarian rule of the Cuban Communist Party has little to do with co-operation. Little did I know.

After all, they have an all appointed legislature (sounds familiar, don't it?) and join Saudi Arabia in passing on the job of Head of State from brother to brother (quite an achievement, they also have high ranks in state murder, but that's by the by).

At least, though, it was refreshing to have a meaningful political debate, and I don't mind losing, its the fight that matters.

More substantial blogging soon, I promise...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home